The name Porsche conjures images of European auto racing, slick cut coupes weaving in and out of snow-capped mountain ranges drifting against the edge of majestic scenery. Handsome men and beautiful women, scarves fluttering in the wind, sporting just a pair of RayBans and luxurious smiles. This dream-like film features in our minds when we think of the iconic German car maker. These are dreams earned, ordered, deserved.
But with icons comes evolution, and as its customer
base evolves, so too does Porsche’s line of automobiles. While the icons of the past—the 718, the 911—still feature prominently within the company’s identity, a new line of luxury has appeared on the same sea and dreamscapes. Since 2010, the Porsche Panamera has been offering those who desire a little more in their vehicle a premium sedan that defies automotive expectations while subscribing to that which has made Porsche the envy of car lovers for nearly seven decades.
The new Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid (also available is their Executive model) is the next generation of sedan perfection. But it’s also a luxury car for changing times, with equal attention paid to performance and the harsh realities of an evolving world. It is equal parts responsibility and responsiveness, paying respect to both the environment and lore. With a total output of 680 horsepower garnered from a 4.0 litre twin-turbo V8, 550 horsepower traditional Porsche combustion engine and a revolutionary, top-of-the-line electric motor pushing 136 horsepower, the Panamera goes zero to 100km/hr in 3.3 seconds, boasting industry defining Porsche Traction Management (PTM) all-wheel drive and the performance one would expect from an industry icon.
While performance does not suffer in evolution, neither does style. Sleek lines and luscious curves accentuated by differentiation features in Acid Green, are complemented by a panoramic sunroof, four-zone air conditioning system, ambient lighting with a rear compartment interior lighting scheme that demands attention and respect. This is a sedan for the ages, and for the age.
10 Key Highlights
- Maximum system power output 500 kW (680 hp).
- 4.0-litre twin-turbo V8 engine 404 kW (550 hp).
- Electric machine 100 kW (136 hp).
- 8-speed Porsche Doppelkupplung (PDK).
- All-wheel drive Porsche Traction Management (PTM).
- Sport Chrono Package.
- Adaptive air suspension.
- Rear-axle steering (standard in the Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid Executive).
- Porsche Communication Management (PCM) with +12-inch touchscreen display, and centre console with Direct Touch Control.
- Differentiation features in Acid Green: instrument cluster needles, brake calipers, ‘e-hybrid’ logo surround on front doors and model designation surround on rear hatch.