Who doesn’t remember the first time they saw a Jaguar? Not in magazines, or a Hot Wheels set, or a model building display at the local mall’s hobby shoppe, but rather up close, personal, in waking life? Somehow, a car’s name had never seemed so perfect, so apt, so right. It was as if the animal had been named for the automobile, and not the automobile for the animal. It’s sleek lines, its mysterious complexion, its exoticism and agility. It was lithe, stylish, sophisticated. And, yes, dangerous. It seemed the very definition of animalistic mysticism. It was the jungle in the streets, the wild meets the urban, the savage meets the refined.
The tradition of awe has defined Jaguar for over eight decades. It is what comes to mind when we think of luxury automobiles, the kind of car we aspire to buy when our lives and means have caught up to our dreams and expectations. It is the realization of accomplishment. It is the essence of affluence.
The 2018 Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe is the latest in a lifetime of industry defining automotive excellence. Boasting a 575 horsepower engine, the F-Type SVR Coupe is all about power. Combined with a 5.0-litre V8 twin vortex supercharger, the envy of its class goes from zero to 100km/hr in only 3.7 seconds, and reaches a top speed of 322 km/hr. Take a moment and read that again: 322 km/hr. The sentence itself feels otherworldly.
But the Jaguar F-Type SVR Coupe isn’t simply about power and performance, though it certainly redefines those measures. Jags have always been about the marriage of function, force, and style, and this model is no exception. With quilted seats and ultramodern finishes, the F-Type SVR Coupe interior is everything you’d expect from the emblematic car manufacturer. The exterior is characterized by a carbon fibre rear spoiler and elevated wide wing reduces drag and adds an element of agility and polish to a coupe that will remind you of that love at first sight moment, every time you open the garage.
10 Key Highlights
- Horsepower: 575.
- Each engine features a Roots-type twin vortex supercharger that maintains the engine’s compact dimensions.
- Easily select climate control, GPS navigation, audio choices or Bluetooth® telephone connectivity on the crisp colour, 8-inch touchscreen in the F-TYPE centre console.
- Sophisticated driver assistance systems are designed to provide reassurance, information and enhanced control, allowing you to focus on the pleasure of driving.
- Hold tight – it will take you from 0-100 km/h in just 3.7 seconds and on to a top speed of 322 km/h in coupe form.
- The 5.0-litre V8 unit’s twin vortex supercharger reduces drag and surge for responsive performance.
- Jaguar’s All Wheel Drive technology ensuring maximum traction at all times.
- Quilted performance seats offering comfort and support to ultramodern finishes that create a sense of total luxury.
- The SVR is designed to be as lean as possible. Its lightweight Titanium and Inconel® exhaust system saves significant weight.
The Intelligent Driveline Dynamics system works together with the Electronic Active Differential helping to increase traction and stability, giving full rein to the towering performance.