As children, first inspired and in awe of the automobile, who did not dream of an
Alfa Romeo. Even its name sounds like a forbbiden romance, something exotic, dangerous. Magnificent. And if the models that found us by way of toys and dreams— the Spider, the Sprint, the Montreal—cars that personified style and grace, weren’t enough for our earliest reverie, the GTV6 featured in Octopussy, driven by the envy of all: Bond, James Bond.
That’s what we wanted. We wanted to drive what 007 did. If men wanted to be him, and women wanted to be with him, then as car lovers we wanted it all. To sit behind the wheel of what seemed like an impossible dream, and feel the essence of motoring and espionage combined in the very pinnacle of fantasy.
And now here we are, what seems like a lifetime later, and just like we have, the Alfa Romeo has grown up. It has evolved. It has realized its own dreams. The Alfa Romeo appeared again in Bond film, but just as the films were built for a new generation so too were the cars. The 156, 159, and 166 found their place once again in the iconography of cinema in Quantum of Solace and Spectre, dream cars for an era of evolved dreams. The 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio is the next step in that automotive dreamscape evolution.
a 505-horsepower, 2.9 litre V6 engine with an eight-speed automatic transmission, and available in either rear or all-wheel drive, takes you from zero to 100km/hr in 3.8-seconds. The sport sedan is the envy of its class, with peerless handling and performance.
Alfa Romeo has spent a few years away from the west, and its return to North America is riding on the perfection and performance of the 2018 Giulia Quadrifoglio. The sedan is deceptive, discreet. It doesn’t request or desire covetousness—it demands it. This next generation of Alfa Romeo is about harmonious ingenuity and respect for the past.
10 Key Highlights
- Horsepower: 505.
- All-aluminum direct injection 90-degree 2.9-liter V6 Twin-Turbo.
- Acceleration from 0-100 km/h in 3.8 seconds.
- Unitized steel body with carbon fiber roof and hood.
- 19-Inch Front / 19-Inch Rear Light Tecnico Aluminum Wheels.
- Torque Vectoring Technology.
- Leather-wrapped instrument panel and door with French seamed accent stitching.
- Quadrifoglio performance front seats with 12-way power driver and front & passenger adjust.
- Power thigh support including four-way power lumbar and driver memory.
- Top Speed: 308 km/h.