The sport utility vehicle market is saturated by our infatuation for bigger, faster and more. What was a descendant of military vehicles geared towards labourers and industrial contractors, the SUV has replaced the minivan and station wagon as the car purchase of choice for families, adventurers, and those who want to ride a little higher than the rest of the road.
Since 1998 the Lincoln Navigator has been offering discerned drivers the luxury option their life and lifestyle demands. A decade later, that promise has not changed. The 2018 Lincoln Navigator is the envy of its brethren, boasting a twin-turbocharged 3.5L engine, powering up to 450 horsepower, and controlled by a peerless 10-speed transmission.
But proponents, fans, and owners of the Lincoln Navigator know that the automobile is defined not just by its power and grace, but also the fashion and ease with which one enjoys its ride. The trademark style of Lincoln Black Label, according to the premium manufacturer, offers “unique themes, materials and member privileges for an expression of your personal taste.” The PowerFold second- and third-row seats easily fold to lay flat, making it the most refined and adaptable cargo space in its class. Paired with the Perfect Position Seats (with 30-way adjustability) and incomparable legroom in the back and rear seats, the 2018 Lincoln Navigator doesn’t just promise luxury, it exudes it.
10 Key Highlights
- A twin-turbocharged 3.5L engine, projected to generate 450 horsepower, 3 and a 10-speed transmission put you at ease
and in command.
- PowerFold® second- and third-row seats fold completely flat, putting you in control of the best-in-class4 cargo space
- Our versatile cabin features one-touch tilt and slide second-row seats and a power-reclining third row that all show a unified approach to comfort, space and style for all.
- The head-up display helps to prove that what lies ahead is just as important as what is happening now. The Lincoln Navigator has the brightest windshield- projected informational display and biggest display size in its class.
- Integrated into the back of the first-row seat, these 10-inch screens* offer a clear view for both second- and third-row passengers.
- Six distinct Lincoln drive modes offer confidence, exhilaration and control, all courtesy of a simplified drive mode selector.
- Electronic power-assisted steering (EPAS) responds to both you and the road. The system measures vehicle speed and driver steering to automatically adjust the firmness of the steering wheel, producing smooth and precise steering.
- The Perfect Position Seat with available 30-way adjustability including Active Motion massage puts you in control of your own comfort. With its wide range of movement, 11 independent air cushions, and independent thigh extenders, you can easily make adjustments for a seat that is both relaxing and rejuvenating.
- It’s an impressive pairing of a standard twin-turbocharged 3.5L engine, capable of producing up to a projected 450 horsepower* and 500 lb.-ft. of torque,* and a 10-speed transmission.
- Jewel-like adaptive LED headlamps help direct your attention to where it’s needed on the road ahead. These headlamps are speed sensitive, casting a wider beam at slower speeds and more focused, longer beams at faster speeds.