Dearcroft Montessori School: Canada’s Leader in Experiential Education
The choice of the curator of your child’s education is not simply a matter of
location, or syllabi, or class sizes, or facilities. In deciding upon which institution will facilitate your youngster’s journey from toddler through teenager, parents must consider ideology, pedagogy, and structure as well. No tradition of education commits to the spirit of that notion like a Montessori school, and Southern Ontario’s preeminent offering is Dearcroft – Oakville’s original Montessori School.
For 50 years, Dearcroft has been shaping young minds in the Montessori tradition, a unique educational approach that has been the launching pad for titans of industry, artists of note, and leaders the world over. Dearcroft’s campus is nestled into two acres of wooded Oakville, balancing the rural and the urban with splendor and grace. Their experienced staff “take great pride in offering a warm, engaging, enriched environment with a tailored focus on the whole child.”
Accredited by the Canadian Council of Montessori Administrators, Dearcroft
offers a diversity of programming: national award winning curriculum;
enriched French, computer technology and music programs; First Nations studies and a special emphasis on Canadian Art / the Group of Seven, a focus on local, national, and international issues; a global community; and so much more. The school is excited to have recently added new programming to offer to parents: toddlers (18-month to 3-year-olds) and Prima Casa (2-and-a-half to 4-year-olds) environments are now part of the Dearcroft experience.
The Montessori paradigm instills the infinite journey of education, a process that is not tempered or restricted by walls, or time, or even institutions. Learning is an ongoing exercise, and as Maria Montessori – the educator upon whose philosophies and pedagogy the school bases its approach – espoused: “Education is a natural process carried out by the human individual, and is acquired not just by listening to words, but also by experiences in the environment.” Dearcroft not only carries on that tradition, but embodies it.
Point of Interest:
For 50 years, Dearcroft has been shaping young minds in the Montessori tradition, a unique educational approach that has been the launching pad for titans of industry, artists of note, and leaders the world over.
1. Over 50 years as Canada’s leader in elementary experiential education.
2. Oakville’s original Montessori School.
3. Staff takes great pride in offering a warm, engaging, enriched environment with a tailored focus on the whole child.
4. Montessori does a remarkable job of creating graduates who go on to change the world.
5. Founders of Google, Amazon and Wikipedia are examples of innovative, creative and fearless entrepreneurs who started in Montessori classrooms.
6. Bright, spacious, naturally lit classrooms with optimal class sizes.
7. Enriched french and music programs, Model UN program, plus Great Lakes and Canadian heritage curriculum.
8. After school activities and clubs plus travel opportunities.